PIRANHA 140cc Engine.
Comes COMPLETE with:
- Mikuni 22mm Carburetor
- Intake Manifold
- Kick Starter
- Ignition Coil
- Wire Harness
- 4 Speed, 4-Up (N,1,2,3,4) gear pattern with Clutch .
- 15 Tooth Front Sprocket (Included)
- Throttle Cable
- Clutch Cable
** WILL RUN HEADLIGHTS
|Engine Type||Air Cooled, Single-Cylinder, 2-valve, 4-stroke|
|Bore/Stroke||56mm x 57mm|
|Final Drive||420 Chain|
|Fuel Delivery||OEM 22mm MAIN: 95 PILOT: 15|
|Fuel||Unleaded / 91 Octane|
|Recommended Engine Oil||10W-40 Petroleum Based (Non-synthetic)|
|Auxiliary Output (Lighting)||Yes|
|Transmission||4-Speed MANUAL 4-Up|
|Shift-Pattern||Four-speed Transmission: N-1-2-3-4|
Starting pit bike engines will take some practice. All pit bike engines have relatively high compression ratios and require a "quality over quantity " approach in order to ensure quick start ups and avoid mechanical mishaps. It is important follow this routine the first few times when first attempting to start your bike.
- Slowly kick engine over until the kick start reaches a compression stroke (the point in which the kick start lever is hardest to push down.)
- Slowly continue to press the kick starter until the engine rotates slightly through the firmest point in the compression stroke.
- Allow the kick start lever to return back its top rest position
- With a quick and balanced motion - Move down forcefully on the kick lever. These motors need a strong, quick kick to get started.
- If you fail to follow this procedure, especially with longer stroke engines or 125cc + bores you can cause serious damage to your crankcase, clutch and transmissions assemblies!
Tips to Avoid kickback
- Hold onto the crossbar pad with your throttle hand while kicking the bike over to avoid twisting the throttle open by accident
- Before start up - turn the idle screw on the carburetor in a turn or 2 (turn the screw back out to normal idle setting once running.)
- Use a digital CDI with variable ignition timing at start-up, this will help reduce kick back and allow the bike to start much easier compared to the stock CDI unit.
- If ignition timing is adjustable it should be adjusted to the minimum
- Furious, repeated kicking will not get the engine started - firm, full stroke kicks are the only way to get them to start first kick, every time "Quality over Quantity"
- Throttle must be completely closed when you kick the engine over or it will kick back EVERY TIME.
- A small blip of the throttle maybe used when the engine is hot if required but NO more than 10 ° opening of the throttle in any case
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
very happy with the piranha 140cc fit perfectly in my 71 Honda ct70
put engine in a 93 honda 50 runs great, pocket rocket
I put this on my sons Thumpstar 125cc. The power increase is unbelievable. I recommend using as much of the kit as possible, everything is pretty well matched up. I did have to use my original intake as the one provided moved the carb too far right and interfered with the frame. Definitely pleased with the purchase
Swapped this into a 125 apollo frame and its a whole new bike. power wheelies.
Just installed this on my Honda trial 70 so far so good engine sounds good and looks like quality engineering, design and manufacturing. price point was good the only thing I didn’t like was the coil and cdi which I upgraded. Thanks whole sale cycle!
Bolted on a Ct70 fit perfectly runs like a champ....quick shipping excellent service
the motor is a beast! I installed the motor on a 1983 atc 70. my motor is a 4 speed up shift manual. working on the pull start conversion now. my only complaint is the motor was delivered to my home upside down leaking oil.